Some facts and information about Stagelink
Who runs Stagelink?
Stagelink is managed by Piers Shepperd, more information about Piers can be found here.
We aim to display high quality content that is useful and informative for professionals and companies working in the Technical Production Industry.
We use sophisticated web technologies to ensure that the site delivers consistently high levels of service.
Which users visit Stagelink?
We have users from all over the world:
- Professional Crew & Technicians
- Companies & Consultants from:
- Live Theatre
- Concert Touring
- Conference and Corporate Events
- Special Events
- Students of all ages studying Theatre and Media courses
- Interested members of the public, not directly connected to the Technical Production Industry
Stagelink was opened to users in January 2005, using data collected from the Shepperd
The Shepperd website was launched in January 2000 by Piers Shepperd. This site was initially set up displaying a small collection of 150 links that Piers had found useful whilst working in the industry.
Over the years the site was automated, allowing other users to add their own sites.
The site was listed on search engines across the world and before its closure in January 2005, had collected over 1400 links.
How does Stagelink run?
- Stagelink is hosted on a high specification dedicated Linux server in Londons Docklands provided by Positive Internet
- The database of information is held on a MySQL database and delivered to the internet using the Apache web server
- The customised programming has been done in-house based on commercial scripts available from Gossamer Threads and Photopost